Hello, friends and family!
Most of you know that May 2nd was my last day at Bellevue Baptist Church as Contemporary Worship Pastor on the Executive Pastor Team. The following day, I transitioned to become the Founder/CEO of Groundworks Ministries Inc., a Tennessee 501(c)3 non-profit, and my family & I have had an exciting month!
Groundworks Ministries focuses on Discipleship and Biblical literacy by fostering community in non-church environments. We use a daily chapter-by-chapter approach to Bible pursuit and meet weekly for fellowship, teaching, and discussion.
Groundworks Ministries began in Southern California in the early 2000s. You can read more about the Groundworks Ministries story here.
Groundworks Ministries presently has four Groundworks Groups in the greater Memphis area. We meet in person on Monday mornings in midtown Memphis, Tuesday evenings in Germantown, and Wednesday mornings in Germantown. Since Covid-19, our large Wednesday evening group has been meeting online, but I am currently looking for a location where we can meet in person again soon!
Our most significant impact is online through our private Facebook Groups, which support our weekly meetings. As of today, 3,654 people have joined our Facebook groups! These people are being encouraged daily in God’s Word and taught weekly thru in-person meetings, assisted by Facebook Live teaching.
More information about Facebook Groups for our current Groundworks Groups can be found here.
Over 5,500 Groundworks Groups members receive a daily Bible study that I have personally written to lead them to a comprehensive knowledge of the entire Bible. Many of you have journeyed with me for years! Groundworks Ministries’ deepest desire is to help you develop a daily relationship with God, live Biblically, and become conversant with the Bible.
Deuteronomy 6:6-7 “And these Words which I command you today shall be in your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, when you walk by the way, when you lie down, and when you rise up.”
Groundworks Ministries has great hope for revival! Half a million people in Shelby County do not go to church, and nationally 33% of people who went to church before Covid-19 have not returned. Neither are they engaged with online church. They are literally Christian “plugs” with no church “outlet.” To see revival, we must greatly expand our ability to connect with the unchurched outside of a church setting, places like coffeehouses and homes. We are committed to reaching non-believers with the Gospel while equipping believers to read, obey and share God’s Word.
Ezra 7:10 “For Ezra had prepared his heart to seek the Law of the Lord, and to do it, and to teach statutes and ordinances in Israel.”
PRAYER NEEDS AND ACTION ITEMS:
God wants each of us to participate in advancing His Kingdom and become conversant with the Gospel. To reach the unreached and engage the unengaged, we are developing specific tools! We hope these tools will also become resources that churches will use to connect with their members daily.
1. Book publishing - I'd like to publish a book that will contain my daily devotionals for The Gospels. Included will also be my teaching notes, so anyone can form a Groundworks Group and facilitate discussion & comprehensively teach when they meet each week.
**Please pray that for the funds and wisdom to hire the right professional book editor and designer.
2. Audio/Video Podcast - We are creating a Groundworks Ministries audio and video podcast. This would include purchasing the necessary cameras and recording equipment, along with the cost of editing the content.
**Please pray for the funds to purchase all of the much-needed equipment. Pray that God will send the right people to help us execute this endeavor.
3. Radio Ministry - We are considering a daily Groundworks Ministries 2-minute radio spot as well as a weekly one-hour teaching program.
**Please pray for the funds to cover the radio airtime. Pray for wisdom that we will know exactly where and with whom to place these radio spots.
4. Website Expansion - Our Groundworks Ministries website is in an ongoing development process. We seek to expand our web abilities to become more of a daily resource for you and your friends. Eventually, we will migrate all of our Facebook groups and Facebook LIVE teaching to our own servers. We understand that many of you do not utilize or even trust Facebook, and we need to control our content without being censored. That level of design and functionality is not easy or inexpensive. But The Great Commission is worth the effort and the attention to detail!
**Please pray for the funds to expand our website servers. Pray the Lord will bring the right person to come alongside us to help accomplish this task.
5. Wednesday meeting place - Since Covid-19, our large Wednesday evening group has been meeting online, but I am currently looking for a location where we can meet in person again soon!
**Please pray that the Lord will open up the right meeting place for our Wednesday night Groundworks Group.
To achieve all these things, Groundworks Ministries needs YOUR help - your prayers, monthly financial support, and involvement! We believe the Lord will provide and that He will prompt the hearts of other Great Commission-minded Believers to labor alongside us.
You can financially support Groundworks Ministries and our ongoing ministry efforts with your tax-deductible donation here.
You can also mail support (or a note of encouragement) here:
Groundworks Ministries, Inc.
P.O. Box 382693
Germantown, TN 38183
THANK YOU for your continued commitment to pursuing God’s Word every day, encouraging my family & me, and praying for & with us!
Groundworks Ministries, Inc.